Monday 7 November 2011

A Bit of Scientist Work...

I've got a bit of research here for lab and scientist design from various films in our genre:

Frankenstein (1931)


Photobucket

Tarantula (1955)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Bride of the Monster (1955)
Photobucket

Photobucket

The Fly (1958)
Photobucket




House of Frankenstein (1944), Dr. Gustav Niemann.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Bride of Frankenstein (1935) Doctor Pretorius.
Photobucket



Photobucket

Doctor Pretorius is a great example of an evil scientist. Not only does he act without care for others but he looks crazy sinister too. I had a go at trying to capture this in a quick sketch of a potential scientist design for our project and it's okay.  I tried to capture the general shapes I wanted first (far left) and the final outcome (far right) is sort of there.


Photobucket

Katy, I know this is your area now and please don't think I'm stepping on your toes, sometimes just doing a quick drawing can get across what I'm thinking a lot easier than trying to describe it. So, feel free to take this idea and use it to your own designs and I look forward to seeing what you come up with! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment